Happy New Year!!

The calendar has turned and a new year has begun. Lots of excitement coming from new goals, resolutions and milestones to achieve. People are looking to manifest and create some amazing things. Big dreams of weight loss, lottery wins, you name it… they’re all coming forward. However, like most years, a small amount will truly achieve anything they’ve set out to at the beginning of the year. A statistic I read last year said that around 8% of people who make new year’s resolutions actually achieve them. That number was a major shock to me. While I know many don’t keep the resolutions I make, 8% is quite baffling. As I began to think about this, I thought back to my experience, particularly last year, and realized how I was in the other 92%.

Last year was a very interesting year for me. Much of the year was spent getting rid of things that no longer served me. From business opportunities, relationships, activities, many things were shed from my life. I even took a major break from music, an activity that I greatly loved. I also got called out by many people on how I was living and looked for help from others as to why certain things weren’t going so well. Some days weren’t pretty as I felt down, like I was doing something wrong. One day, I took a long step back and realized that I had to look at the truth in what I was doing. I got away from what got me started in my passions. I wasn’t being authentic. I had no integrity. I was not being genuine, I wasn’t being heart-centered. I was not living in truth. What really got me started in Theta Healing and music, and everything that truly made me the spark of God I am. Once I made the decision to be that, I was able to reconnect to the love of Theta and music. Over the past month, I’ve had some amazing things happen and they’ve continued into the new year. All because I decided to stand in truth, be honest with myself and live there.

The theme for 2015 is very simple:

Truth! Live it!

In this year, and every year since, we must live our truth. I have a feeling that this year, truth will show up for us in all areas of our lives. It will require us to live differently. From our health, relationships, professional life, spiritual, mental/emotional, we will be, in some way, made to look at it. It also makes looking at our resolutions very differently. We can start there by being truthful in what we need to do. Want to lose weight this year? Don’t just go on a short-term diet. Make a lifestyle change. Looking to have more success in your business? Don’t look at doing so much more. Be more authentic and genuine in your business. Take time to actually care about your clients and services and not look at people as a dollar sign. Tired of your current relationship? Find out what you dislike about it and what you are also doing to contribute to the problem. You attracted that relationship in the first place as there’s something you had to learn from it. We often look to outside sources when things aren’t going a certain way in our lives. In some cases, it is an outside source. When it’s not, we have a choice in how we choose to handle it. We can make excuses, place blame, ignore it, etc. but until you take responsibility for it, nothing with change, and it’ll be another year of missed goals, forgotten resolutions, and failed attempts. It’s time to get real with yourself and stand in truth.

Oh, did you also know… you have help too. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There are many people willing to help you with your journey. Those who are living in truth want to see you and others succeed and will do what they can to help you. All you have to do is ask.

When you choose to live in truth, life actually gets much easier. You’re not dodging things to make something work or putting on a mask for others. You can be genuine and authentic as you are. When I look back at everything that happened last year, I’m glad it happened. At the time, I wasn’t enjoying it but looking back, it got me to the place I always wanted to be. My personal goal this year is: Step into my power and live my truth. My truth is different than everyone else’s. You have to find what it is for you. It will take a lot of healing and self-discovery to figure that out. It took me almost an entire year to get connected with my truth. The journey was worth it. I hope this year, you live your truth and get everything you want and more. Blessings! Here’s to a new year!!